100% indigenous machines conforming to Make-in-India govt. initiative
A course is renowned for its greens. For excellent maintenance of Greens throughout the year, eight machines are required. Each machine has a specific function and tasked with a particular job. A green mower must give a smooth-finish mowing for the golf ball to maintain a true line. Regular Polishing, Dethatching, timely Coring and Topdressing add class to the greens.
Of the total acreage of the course, greens occupy only 5% of the land. The remaining 95% of the course has to be maintained by the set of eight machines. Each machine is a marvel of engineering and helps keep the course in top condition.
The rough usually occupies the largest acreage of mown turf on a golf course. Since there are specific machines for a specific purpose therefore machines are required for maintenance of the entire Golf Course and to keep it spick and span.
03 August 2005
An interesting visit to a hands down concern which strives for quailty and precision. Robustness which is all important must be blended with precision and will be hallmark of any good concern. M & M Consultants strives for this and should be a torch bearer for golf course equipment. My best wishes in this regard.
01 April 2006
Before visiting the Factory, my perception was an ordinary factory/unit as we’ve in our home land. After visiting I can fairly say the Mechanics as well as all the staff is Well Trained, Knowledgeable, Keen Learners and Innovators. I really appreciate and praise Brig Bains for such a nice setup. He should be a proud Indian by contributing to the economy as well.
“Seeing is believing”
Allah bless him.
21 March 2014
Green Mower (56cms1)
Delhi Golf Club has been making attempts to induct indigenous turfcare equipment for maintenance of golf course.
The club has in the recent past interacted with M/s M&M Consultants for development of a high quality Green Mower (56cms). Trials were conducted from initial Proto type stage onwards and following improvements were carried out over a period of 02 months:-
(a) Scraper on Front Roller — During trials it was noticed that earthworm droppings had a tendency to stick to the grooves of the front roller and thus upsetting the mowing height. Addition of a scraper ensured that the roller remains free of any debris and mowing height does not get affected.
(b) Reduction in weight – the operators of the machine found the machine heavier , than its imported counter parts. The owners of the machine, M/_s. M&M Consultants got moving to resolve the problem and reduced the overall weight of machine to 95kg which compares very favourably with imported machines. ‘
(c) Miscellaneous – M&M have also made a large number of small improvements like reduction in the dia of back roller to increase the ground clearance, front basket made removable in vertical direction to overcome the spilling of the grass, reduction in take off speed and improved cutting performance of the cutter and bottom blade.
The machine has been used extensively by us during trials and we have been ‘very satisﬁed with the performance. Indigenous production of the machine huge cost advantage over machines procured from overseas in addition repai and maintenance expertise is available locally.
21 March 2014
Turfcare Hover Mower — Cum — Rotarv Machine
Delhi Golf Club has extensively used Turfcare Hover Mower — Cum — Rotary machine during toumaments, which helped improving the condition of the course. The machine has some unique special features which are as follows:
(a) Mowing Heigh — The machine in Rotary mode can mow from 40mm to 90mm and can also mow between 15mm to 40mm in Hover Mower mode. This dual function is not available in other machines.
(b) Cutting Blades having sharpened edges on both sides — M&M consultants made a new innovation, whereby cutting edges have been sharpened on both sides which increases the output.
(c) High Mobility of the Machine — Turfcare Hover Mower — cum rotaiy is supported on wheels, thus making it highly operator frierxdly in moving it from one location to another.
(d) Miscellaneous Improvements — The vertical engine is Honda GCV 160 EA7- El, which is known for its outstanding performance. The body and impellor are of high quality and are durable.
The machine has been used extensively by us during trials and we have been very satisﬁed with the performance. Indigenous production of the machine provides huge cost advantage over machines procured from overseas. In addition, repair and maintenance expertise along with spares back up is available locally.